Monday, March 4, 2013

SpaRitual Goodies (Pic Heavy)

This review is not sponsored in any way.  All products were bought with my own funds.

I ordered three SpaRitual nail polishes from Amazon.com, and managed to find colors I loved for $10 each with free shipping (score!).  Here are some bottle pics in natural light and an on-nail swatch of the one I'm currently wearing.
P1040671 P1040672
This is Crystal Waters, contained in the Cool Contraltos section of the SpaRitual website.  It is a fantastic, glowy aqua shimmer which is slightly more blue than green.  It is fairly thin, but not runny, dries quickly and is opaque in 2 coats.  I tried 3 to see if the color deepened, but all it did was fill in any slightly thin areas I had missed when painting the first 2 coats.  Be warned, though--use a base coat with this or it will stain your nails and cuticles.  No bueno.
Bottle shot!  Soooo pretty...
Bottle shot! Soooo pretty...
P1040668 P1040670
Street Smart is an intensely black, glossy cream listed as part of the Earthy Low Notes on SpaRitual's site.  Mine was a little thick, so I added a few drops of nail polish thinner.  This color is completely opaque in two coats, and dries nearly as fast as Crystal Waters.  I have tried many black nail polishes, and this is by far the darkest, truest black I have ever seen.  It is also glossy enough on its own that I didn't even need a top coat.  This also isn't quite as stain-prone as Crystal Waters.
This picture doesn't show just how dark this color is on the nail.
This picture doesn't show just how dark this color is on the nail.
P1040666 P1040667
This is Thunder Road, a medium lavender cream, part of the Cool Contraltos.  I first heard of this color, and the SpaRitual brand in general,  via Grav3yard Girl on YouTube.  I love lavenders and purples, especially in cosmetics, and have been looking for a replacement for my Planks A Lot Pirates of the Caribbean polish from OPI.  I even made a color comparison on my polish inventory cards:
P1040679 P1040682
Thunder Road is slightly lighter and brighter than Planks A Lot, but it's close enough on the nail for me to be satisfied.  Plus, the formula is pigmented, creamy, and flows well without being runny or gooey.  And now, 2 coats of Thunder Road on my nails with Beauty Secrets base coat and Rush 60 Seconds top coat.
My fingers look a little too pink here, but this was the only lighting I could find that gave an accurate representation of the color.
My fingers look a little too pink here, but this was the only lighting I could find that gave an accurate representation of the color.
To finish, I am extremely satisfied with these colors.  The only problem I have now is making sure I can restrain myself from buying a whole bunch more!  They cost about twice as much as I would normally pay for a nail polish, but they can last up to 5 or 6 days, which is amazing for me, and the vegan formula is noticeably less stinky and drying than my 'regular' polishes.  Two thumbs up!  These polishes are available at Ulta, Amazon.com, and spas/salons all over the US.

All opinions are my own, and I was not solicited to do this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment