Monday, March 4, 2013

Drugstore Makeup

This review is not sponsored in any way.  All products were bought with my own funds.

I love researching and ogling all the beautiful independent, alternatively inclined makeup companies online.  I think the sites are cool, the color names inspired, and...well, basically I'm a teensy bit obsessed.  However, due to a domino-like succession of shipping issues with my very first indie makeup purchase, I had to visit my local drugstore cosmetics aisle to make sure I didn't have to leave the house in blonde eyebrows and eyelashes (which look extremely weird with my bottle-black hair).  Therefore, I've been researching all my fave cosmetics-geared websites (MakeupAlley, Toxid-Lotus, etc.) for the best inexpensive mascara and eyeliners.  I wanted to try gel/cream eyeliner since I have been in the rut of 99 cent Wet-n-Wild pencils for the past year or so, and Jordana, I was told, puts out a fantastically black $3 mascara.  Today at Walgreens (the only store in my area that carries Jordana) I picked up a tube of the mascara and two L'Oreal Infallible gel eyeliners, navy and black.
    
The pot I took home was literally the last black L'Oreal gel liner left in the entire store, and I got the blue because there was a buy 1 get 1 half price sale on L'Oreal things.  To sum up:  gel eyeliner is cool, the blue was still dark enough that I felt comfortable wearing it, the black was good and dark, and I will never pay $10 for a mascara again.  Seriously, it's good stuff.
Pics are from target.com and jordanacosmetics.com, respectively
All opinions are my own, and I was not solicited to do this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment