Monday, March 4, 2013

Oh, the Horror! And assorted things to come.

Hello, I am back--this year was my very first Christmas, and it was awesome/crazy/wonderful and all those good things.  Somewhat recently I discovered the Skin Deep Database, which rates nearly all known cosmetic and personal hygiene products on a toxicity scale of 0 to 10 (0 being perfectly harmless and 10 being, "Holy bats, how is my skin not peeling off?!?").  Anyway, my interest was piqued and I immediately began searching for all the products I use and checking their toxicity levels.  Much to my chagrin, a large portion of my already fairly-small stash was rated at a 5 or higher, and personally I only feel comfortable using products rated a 3 or below, 4 at the very most.  This does mean that my red lip review series will be much shorter than expected; Covergirl Lip Perfection lipsticks, which have wonderful texture, pigmentation and lasting power, are rated a 7.  I don't know about you, but I know that some of my lipstick is definitely going in my mouth, and I just didn't want to risk it.  Shame, though.  On the up side, I will be trying mineral foundation from Meow Cosmetics, and will tell you guys all about it.  They have over 70 shades of foundation in 3 levels of coverage (light, medium and total coverage) along with coordinating concealers and skin-balancing primers.  The foundations range from pure white (definitely an awesome Goth or Halloween option) to the deepest rich browns.  I'm pretty excited, especially since I have always really liked powder foundation but have never really had the guts to shell out for mineral foundation.  I will also be trying some SpaRitual nail polish and possibly Morgana's Crypt (formerly Morgana Cryptoria) lipstick.  Thanks for your patience, and here's hoping that 2013 is your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment