Monday, March 4, 2013

Meow, meow, meow, meow...

This review is not sponsored in any way.  All products were bought with my own funds.

Last week I received two full-size canisters of Pampered Puss powder foundation from Meow Cosmetics.  Let's take a look...
I got a jar each of sleek Siamese and Frisky Siamese.
I got a jar each of Sleek Siamese and Frisky Siamese.
Not only do they hand-make all their products with no fillers or extra chemicals, Meow Cosmetics offers 85 foundation shades, with color bases being named for a cat breed (Siamese for neutral, Manx for warm, Bengal for beige, etc) and levels of lightness/darkness named for feline attributes (Sleek, Naughty, Slinky, etc.).  The website is a little unwieldy, but I think the enormous color range makes it worth it.
Each of these 85 shades comes in three foundation formulas; Purr-fect Puss (light/medium coverage), Pampered Puss (medium coverage), and Flawless Feline (full coverage).  I picked Pampered Puss because I have some acne and redness, but didn't want too heavy of a finished look.  All right, enough blabbing, picture time!
This is the unopened jar--it carries 1/4 cup of product rather than the standard 3 tsp in most mineral foundations.
This is the unopened jar--it carries 1/4 cup of product rather than the standard 3 tsp in most mineral foundations.
Pretty lid!
Pretty lid!
This is the lighter color I chose, for my winter complexion (or whenever I feel like going pale)
This is the lighter color I chose, for my winter complexion (or whenever I feel like going pale)
This is one shade too dark for me now, but in the summer I think it will be perfect!  If not, I can always use it as eye shadow or contour...
This is one shade too dark for me now, but in the summer I think it will be perfect! If not, I can always use it as eye shadow or contour...
This is the two colors heavily swatched side by side. S is for Sleek, and F is for Frisky.
This is the two colors heavily swatched side by side. S is for Sleek, and F is for Frisky.
You can see that the Sleek Siamese looks too light for my hand, and that makes it perfect for my face.
For some reason it didn't show up on camera, but this foundation has a bit of shimmer under bright sunlight.
For some reason it didn't show up on camera, but this foundation has a bit of shimmer under bright sunlight.
The shimmer doesn't bother me, as it is very subtle and helps to bring a bit of radiance to my dry skin.  Speaking of which, as long as I don't try to pile on the powder my skin is not dried out by this foundation.  I always put a layer of moisturizer and a layer of sun protection under my foundation, and the moisture from those products really helps the powder foundation both to stick effectively to my skin, and to not strip the oils from my face.
From ordering to reception, the process took about 2 1/2 weeks. Full-size jars of Pampered Puss foundation are $25.95, not counting shipping or sales tax.  Purr-fect Puss, being a lighter concentration, is $23.45, and the full-coverage Flawless Feline is $28.95 a jar.  Samples are a dollar, and each formula is also available in a travel-size Munchkin jar, which holds about a fifth as much as the full size.
Hope you found this helpful, and have a fabulous day.

All opinions are my own, and I was not solicited to do this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment