Monday, April 1, 2013

Maybelline SuperStay 24 Color Review

This review is not sponsored in any way.  All products were bought with my own funds.
Since I am studying opera, every now and then I find myself in need of long-wearing products.  On the stage your makeup has to stay strong through singing, shouting, kissing, crying, and costume changes without needing touch-ups.  This semester I have had to forgo my preference for indie and all-natural cosmetics to find something that will last through three hours of Mozart's Cosi fan tutte.  Therefore, I am reviewing Maybelline's longwear liquid lipstick in the color Reliable Raspberry (you have to love the lengths companies go through to name these things).  

One side of the packaging has a doe-foot applicator and the liquid color...
And the other side is a glossy lip balm  to go over it.
When worn alone, the liquid lipstick has a matte finish.  While it is drying, it is extremely tacky, and feels heavy and gooey on the lips.  Once dry, it's as if your lips are bare, if a bit dry.
The balm adds considerable shine, and makes the lips feel kind of "gooshy"-slick, but cushioned with a hefty layer of product.
This product will last for hours upon hours, even with lip balm on top.  You don't have to use the included balm either; I used Burt's Bees on top and it stayed perfectly fine.  If you do a lot of eating or drinking, a little bit of the color on the inside rim of the lips will wear off, but the rest will stay until you take a washcloth and cleanser to it at the end of the day.  I give it a 4.5 out of 5.  The color selection is pretty average, but that seems to be standard for longwear liquid lipsticks.  This product ranges in price from $8-$10.
All opinions are my own, and I was not solicited to do this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment