Monday, April 8, 2013

Maybelline the Falsies Mascara Review

This review is not sponsored in any way.  All products were bought with my own funds.
Hello all,
I am addicted to mascara.  My eyelashes are so pale and straight that I feel quite strange leaving the house without it.  Also, I just love the look of big, black "foofy" eye lashes, and I don't have the patience yet for falsies.  So, I am always looking for the next great mascara that gives me the results I want without draining my wallet or exposing me to tons of toxins.
Today I am going to review Maybelline's Volum'Express The Falsies (the original Falsies, not the one or two new versions of it that have come out recently).  This mascara can be found at just about any drugstore or grocery store, and ranges in price from $5-$8 depending on sales and where you buy it.  You can tell it apart from the ten zillion other Maybelline Volum'Express mascaras by the lovely purple packaging. A mascara's packaging is its least important aspect, but I do have a soft spot for the color purple.
The Falsies boasts a plump traditional fiber brush with an interesting shape.  It is slightly curved, with a flatter side and a wider side.


See what I mean?  I like to use the flatter side to deposit more product at the roots of my lashes, and the longer bristles to sweep upwards and create a nice taper to the lash.  This is a fiber mascara, so the volumizing is very good, with some lengthening to boot.  The fibers don't fall out into my eye, which is always a plus.  Unfortunately, at the end of the day I do find a little bit of smudging on my lower lash line if I'm not careful to put some face powder down there to keep it nice.  

Here are my bare lashes after being curled.



Here are my lashes, curled, with two coats of the Falsies.

Fluffy!
I give this mascara a 4.9 out of 5 for efficiency, cost effectiveness, toxicity and staying power.  This mascara is listed on the Skin Deep database as a 3, which is very good for a drugstore mascara.
That's all for now-have a wonder-filled day!
All opinions are my own, and I was not solicited to do this review.



No comments:

Post a Comment