Monday, April 1, 2013

Red Lippie Series

This review is not sponsored in any way.  All products were bought with my own funds.

Hello!  I have been ill with the flu recently, and have only just gotten back to participating in everyday life.  I thought I'd start with another segment of the red lip series I started a while back.
Here today is one of Revlon's Lip Butters, which were reviewed to death when they originally came out a year or so ago.  If you're not familiar with the concept, these products are supposed to be pigmented (like lipstick), but moisturizing (like lip balm).  I'm happy to say that, though my chronically dry lips will always need lip balm, this lippie is indeed both pigmented and moisturizing.
The packaging is pretty, with the cap color-coordinated to eliminate guesswork when getting ready.
Each color is named after a dessert.  Red velvet cake just happens to be one of my favorites.
As you can see, Red Velvet is a deep, cool red.  The finish is very glossy, and the color glides on like the butter is was named for.  However, it is a little sheerer than traditional lipstick, and you might need a few swipes to get the color you want.  Plus, the drawback to moisturizing formulas is that they wear off very quickly.  Eating, drinking or even talking too much will eradicate the color.  As a final note, the super-soft product will settle into any dryness you may have, so be sure to exfoliate before wearing this product.

Overall, I give this a four out of five; if you like your reds hotter, Revlon also puts out a bright, warm red Lip Butter called Candy Apple.  These retail for about $6-$8.

All opinions are my own, and I was not solicited to do this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment