Monday, March 4, 2013

Detrivore's Mad Scientist Collection

This review is not sponsored in any way.  All products were bought with my own funds.

My set of Distorria's latest collection has finally arrived in my mailbox, and the colors are lovely!
Distorria states on the Detrivore website that this collection, which will be later expanded, was created from the same gray base and inspired by the "doom and gloom of winter."
All the pretties at once!
All the pretties at once!
P1040736
Here are the colors swatched over a stripe of Detrivore Original eyeshadow primer, in alphabetical order(descriptions in quotations are from the Detrivore website).
Apparatus: "satin gray with heavy purple shimmer" On my eyes, this translates as a pale, muted periwinkle
Hypothesis: "light taupe satin with heavy golden shimmer"  I love this shade--a cool, slightly pinkish taupe.
Laboratory: "satin light pink with heavy shimmer" This is a perfect cool baby pink or cotton candy pink.  Very springlike!
Lab Rat: "dark brown satin filled with heavy gold,  silver, and copper shimmer" This is a wonderfully understated shimmery copper.  By understated, I mean that it isn't overly bronze, red or orange in tone.
Specimen: "medium purple satin with heavy shimmer" This is a gorgeous violet, directly between lavender and royal purple.
Test Tube: "light blue satin loaded with different blue, white and violet shimmer"  This powder blue shade is pigmented, not chalky, and makes me think for some reason of Marie Antoinette
From left to right: Apparatus, Hypothesis and Laboratory
From left to right: Apparatus, Hypothesis and Laboratory
Lab Rat, Specimen and Test Tube
Lab Rat, Specimen and Test Tube
I think the names of these colors are fascinating, even if they aren't as murky or dark as I would expect from a "gloomy" winter collection.  In terms of formula, smoothness and pigmentation, I couldn't find one dud in the bunch--just make sure you use a cream eye shadow or sticky base if you want the full impact of the colors.  The collection in its entirety is selling for $19; individual colors are $4 each.
And now, the Mad Scientist look I wore today:
Hypothesis on the lid, Lab Rat in the crease
Hypothesis on the lid, Lab Rat in the crease
Closed eyeballs...
Closed eyeballs...
For foundation I wore my Meow Cosmetics Sleek Siamese foundation (review coming soon!)  with my L'Oreal gel eyeliner, Detrivore Lascivious blush and Maybelline The Falsies mascara.
Have a wonderful day!
All opinions are my own, and I was not solicited to do this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment