Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take On the Day Eyeshadow Primer Review


This review is not sponsored in any way.  All products were bought with my own funds.
Eye shadow primer.  It's that extra step in the morning that keeps your look brighter, crease-free and, most importantly, on your face for the duration of the day.  In the past, eye shadow primer was basically a two-man show-Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  Nowadays, though, ordinary drugstore brands are coming out with products that mimic the high-end ones to great effect.  Here, then, is my take on one of the newest- an extremely long-named item made by the very inexpensive brand Wet 'n' Wild.

Sorry-I forgot to take pictures of the packaging before I opened it.

Here is the back side of the packaging with the ingredient list.  The product itself does not include an ingredients list.

Here is the tube-it seems to me that the way the company could manage to sell this product at a low cost was to skimp on the packaging.  I have had this tube and used it fairly regularly for about 3 weeks now, and the print on the tube is sadly worn and hard to read.

Here is the business end with the cap removed.  For the first 10 days or so that I used this, the second  I took the cap off primer would start oozing uncontrollably from the tube.  I felt like it wasted product-plus it made an awful mess on the applicator.

Here is the actual primer. There are two dollops of this on the back of my hand-the left one is blended out.  It is  completely clear, with a bit of sheen until it dries.

Efficiency-ie, whether it actually does what it's supposed to.  Well, both of these swatches are the chartreuse color from the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strip in Fashionista Eyes.  The left side (primer) is more shimmery and more vivid than the right side ( no primer).

I have started using this primer every day, even if I wear my Detrivore primer (hint-the Wet 'n' Wild goes underneath) because the Wet 'n' Wild wears like iron.  Not only does my eyeshadow not crease, it's darn near impossible to remove without serious cleanser.  So, despite the bad packaging, I will continue to reuse, and possibly repurchase, this.  I give it a 4 out of 5.  This primer costs $5 both online and in drugstores.
Hope this review was helpful-now go and have a great day!
All opinions are my own, and I was not solicited to do this review.



No comments:

Post a Comment